Snapping Students?

Teachers+receive+a+new+obstacle+to+tackle+as+the+administration%E2%80%99s+new+policy+falls+into+place.+After+establishing+private+stories+for+each+class%2C+teachers+excitedly+show+off+their+quarantine+classrooms+and+maintain+student-teacher+relationships.+%E2%80%9CWe%E2%80%99ve+had+this+plan+in+the+works+for+a+long+time.+With+schools+being+out+due+to+the+virus+I+feel+like+it+is+an+even+better+plan+now+because+Warrior+Nation+will+stay+connected%2C%E2%80%9D+NC+Principal+Matt+Moody+said.+

Lainey Devlin

Teachers receive a new obstacle to tackle as the administration’s new policy falls into place. After establishing private stories for each class, teachers excitedly show off their quarantine classrooms and maintain student-teacher relationships. “We’ve had this plan in the works for a long time. With schools being out due to the virus I feel like it is an even better plan now because Warrior Nation will stay connected,” NC Principal Matt Moody said.

Lainey Devlin, Sports Editor

In light of the new decade, NC administration has decided that all NC teachers must download the popular social media app, Snapchat, to strengthen student-teacher bonds. This new policy comes with a lot of requirements: teachers must create a private story for each class, as well as maintain a regular main story and consistently raise their snap score. 

The administration hopes this new initiative will encourage enthusiasm in the classroom and gives them another way to keep an eye on the classes they cannot physically monitor. The administration will also join teachers’ private stories, but they do not just want to see lesson plans carried out. 

“I want to see them having fun! This whole idea is about students having fun at school, and being able to relive it later to share with their parents. If I see just lessons on these private stories, someone will be fired,” NC Administrator Alexis Bultman said. 

Teachers, reportedly thrilled by the new policy, will attend a Snapchat training session hosted by social media stars such as Alexis Ren, Charli D’Amelio and Jake Paul: the sessions will help to instruct teachers on Snapchat customs, like the difference between a private story and the main story and the most flattering camera angles to use. 

“I’m actually really excited about this new project NC is taking on. I think it will really bring students and teachers closer together and make students feel more comfortable talking to us. One thing I’m worried about is being added to student’s private stories, I don’t think I want to see everything they’re posting,” ASL teacher Christina Hopper said. 

The new initiative will begin on April 1st, when students will decide on a private story name for each of their classes, add each other on the app and give their teachers tips and advice on navigating Snapchat. 

“I think it will be really funny to see our teachers try to understand Snapchat but overall I am really excited. I want to be able to look back on funny moments in class and I hope this will make kids more enthusiastic about going to class. I think our teachers should create TikTok accounts next,” Magnet junior Abbey Corley said. 

April Fool’s, you fool!

XOXO,