Emmett Schindler

Emmett Schindler, Editor-in-Chief

Emmett Schindler, the Editor-in-Chief of The Chant, is a senior Magnet student here at NC. Along with his mindset on the importance of academics, he holds a very credible role in his social involvement around the school. He is an asset to multiple fine arts platforms, hosting Tomahawk Today and playing roles in multiple North Cobb Standing Ovation plays. On top of his busy school and after-school life, he works at Zoyo - a popular frozen yogurt shop - to establish himself.

When asked about his attitude when acting, Emmett’s friends and those who worked alongside him in plays described him as a jokester. Sophomore Hope Kutsche said, “Hm, he was always funny, like between scenes or even during scenes sometimes. He’d joke around onstage making the other actors laugh. He was good at that.” Although Emmett held professionalism when acting, he never ceased to entertain his fellow cast members with a few harmless and witty jokes here and there.

Born in Virginia into a Jewish family, he has one older brother and one younger sister. Along with these siblings, he has a dog called Jovi (named after Bon Jovi).  Despite his busy schedule, however, Schindler still enjoys watching sports. He spends his free time constructing and improving his Fantasy Football league in hopes of achieving perfection in his favorite hobby.

While much of his time off of school and work does involve studying and doing homework, he finds time for himself to also watch movies and listen to music, such as his favorite movie, Fight Club and his favorite song, “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen.

When asked about her feelings toward her older brother, Olivia Schindler said, “Whenever I’m usually around Emmett, he is pretty chill. Sometimes we play basketball together, sometimes I get in arguments with him just because he is my brother, but overall, he is a pretty lovely brother!”

Profile written by Bahaar Esfahani

All content by Emmett Schindler
Time to say goodbye

Time to say goodbye

Emmett Schindler, Editor-in-chief
May 24, 2017
While 56% of the 100 students asked believe Denver will win, Carolina trails very close behind.

NC votes: Denver over Carolina

Emmett Schindler, Editor-in-Chief
September 8, 2016
Panthers make mistake by rescinding Normans contract

Panthers make mistake by rescinding Norman’s contract

Emmett Schindler, Assistant editor-in-chief, News editor
April 25, 2016
While many young people historically fail to turn up at the polls, many still value their ability and influence through their voting rights.

Politics in Kennesaw

Emmett Schindler, News editor
December 14, 2015
The Bold and the Beautiful

The Bold and the Beautiful

Emmett Schindler, News editor
August 26, 2015
Dark skies created an eerie vibe over the football field.

[Photo] Grey Sky

January 16, 2015
Load More Stories